Expand IE7 With IE7pro

ie7pro

Whatever you think of Microsoft, they definitely put out a good product in IE7. At the moment my browser usage is split 50:50 between IE7 and Firefox, which is impressive when you consider I refused to use IE6 and I’ve only been using IE7 for about 2 months. I don’t know if it’s my imagination, but webpages look better in IE7.

Ajay has uncovered a great addon for IE7 called IE7pro that makes a good product even better. IE7pro adds six features to Internet Explorer, including Tab Management, Ad Filters, Drag and Drop and Mouse Gestures. If I can find a way to do inline search with IE7 in addition to these features I might totally leave FF behind.

What’s your browser of choice?

, , , , ,

14 Responses to Expand IE7 With IE7pro

1. Mithun March 15, 2007 at 7:28 am #

For inline search in IE, you can always try out this cool little addon (which is also free, by the way)

Everton March 15, 2007 at 7:50 am #

Thanks Mithun. I thought there must be a way

3. Tris Hussey March 16, 2007 at 6:09 pm #

Maxthon for me. The v2 (in beta) is very spiffy, just waiting until it allows IE plugins (like 1.5.x does) to switch to it.

4. Mark from Bloglyne.com March 20, 2007 at 5:41 am #

Wow – Everton – I can’t believe you didn’t generate more comments on this post… saying you were going to leave FF behind. Wow – what a statement.

I have not been able to upgrade to IE7 because our work apps will not work with it… I hope this is resolved soon!

Everton March 20, 2007 at 9:05 am #

The problem with Firefox is it gets so bloated it runs really slowly. IE7 is a very good browser

6. CSWTom April 27, 2007 at 10:32 am #

IE7Pro : An ultimate Add-On for IE7
    I’ve been using IE7Pro for a few weeks and I really really like it.
    Some would say it brings some of the Firefox goodness to IE7.
    ie7pro is a cool add on for ie7.
    yes!I like ie7pro!
    Thanks Mithun.

7. Andrew Flope January 3, 2008 at 11:24 pm #

Thx i downloading…. not bad not bad bwowser!

8. Andrew Flope January 3, 2008 at 11:24 pm #

Thx i downloading…. not bad not bad bwowser!

9. Kym May January 11, 2008 at 2:41 am #

I Love IE 7 As Its Does All The Things That I Love NOT TO DO So This Wonderfull Program Is 11 Out Of 10 Keep Up All The Good Work Guys @ Girls Always Mr. Kym. May.

10. Kym May January 11, 2008 at 2:41 am #

11. J.T. Marchand November 18, 2008 at 1:01 am #

I would be careful with the third party addon known as “IE7Pro” that you are clear what you are installing. “IE7Pro” is neither approved as RTM, nor is it disapproved as necessarily harmful, by any of the top five global browser firms (e.g. MSFT IE, MOZILLA FF, APPL SAFARI, OPERA, GOOG CHROME).

It is, simply put, an addon, a widget, manufactured by misc software developers out of Taipei, which alters the behaviour of IE7, IE8 BETA and CHROME BETA.

Assuming you’re running VISTA (only because this is the VISTA section of this site), you may wish to > click START (lower left corner of screen) > SEARCH (in advanced search only e.g. show hidden files et al) > enter / search sqm.

The IE7PRO files for the three mentioned browsers should now appear under an exploration of the files which you may find that are supernamed sqm.

MSDN does not recommend the use of IE7PRO if you are a beginner or intermediate user running IE7 under any MSFT O/S including VISTA. Agreed, MSDN is a Microsoft-managed developer network to which any developer can contribute.

Depending on your security settings,  you might locate the sqm file as well if you are running the BETA browsers named IE8 produced by MSFT and / or CHROME produced by GOOG.

If you are enjoying IE7PRO under VISTA and are an advanced user, we see no risk in continuing to enjoy it. But pls remember the first law of Online Search – while extremely useful, Search does not necessarily deliver us the truth – it only delivers us  high ranking “hits.”

Encyclopediae – if they’re good – should deliver us truth – the most common, no cost, pop-up and free-of-charge one online is Wikipedia (under Windows).

Though I cannot verify the addy, I am advised that the last known update was in late Sept 08 and that you can reach the the developers at IE7PRO@gmail.com for questions.

Hope this helps. Cheers, JTM:)

12. J.T. Marchand November 18, 2008 at 2:01 am #

Hope this helps. Cheers, JTM:)

13. free create animated favicon December 29, 2008 at 5:25 am #