UK Armed Forces Banned From Playing Halo 3!

I spotted a story on the BlogHerald that made me smile at the weekend. The Ministry of Defence in the UK just banned military personnel from any online activity that would allow them to air their views. Blogging of course is now banners, but so are any services that allow them to post military materials.

Tucked away in the story was the fact that UK squaddies are now no longer allowed to play multi-player computer games. What do the MoD think is going to happen? That squaddies will start giving away Basra patrol formations? In my view that’s going to far, but I’m not complaining, as it means I’ll have less competition when Halo 3 comes out! What
I’m really starting to get excited about Halo 3 and seems like the whole world is as well. In North America alone, there has been over one million pre-orders, making it the fastest selling pre-ordered game in history. Even better, the last two members of my GRAW squad bought Xbox 360s this month, so I’ve now got nearly half a dozen real-life friends who I know will be as dedicated as me to team up with.

, , , , , , , ,

6 Responses to UK Armed Forces Banned From Playing Halo 3!

1. NLP Master August 15, 2007 at 3:22 am #

Odd they did that. In the US, you’d find games specifically created for combat learning. Hmmm… what was that? American Soldier I believe.

Too much gaming can disrupt one’s lifestyle. But in moderation, it actually sharpens reflexes and cognitive abilities

2. NLP Master August 15, 2007 at 4:22 am #

3. Luke August 15, 2007 at 3:33 pm #

Wow, you know earlier this year I was thinking of going to the Armed Forces. In the brochure it put a lot of emphasis on the fact that when you’re not training you get to play games, party, everything. I guess it’s all changed with no Halo!

4. Luke August 15, 2007 at 4:33 pm #

5. A. Adam August 16, 2007 at 9:42 am #

Big lol?? This headline really drove me in to read the rest and I felt I just had to comment.

“What do the MoD think is going to happen? That squaddies will start giving away Basra patrol formations?”

Good question, personally I think it’s just weird.

6. A. Adam August 16, 2007 at 10:42 am #

Good question, personally I think it’s just weird.