Is The Dollar Exchange Rate Driving You Crazy?

Over the last couple of weeks I don’t think I’ve ever paid as much attention to exchange and interest rates.   Even when I studied Economics at University (seems so long ago now) I never paid as much attention to key economic indicators!

All of my blog earnings are in dollars, apart from intellitxt, and it just seems like every month my earnings are eeking away. The dollar is already buying less half a pound, and it’s only going to get worse. If I do ever quit my day job and use te blog earnings to put food on the table, I might have to move back to America. Actually, that’s not such a bad idea…..

Is the weak dollar driving anyone else crazy?

, , , ,

18 Responses to Is The Dollar Exchange Rate Driving You Crazy?

1. lucky September 22, 2007 at 12:17 am #

for some forex trader weak dollar allready make them profitable and some maybe loose cause they supporting dollar.

2. Avatar of Joseph Plazo
    Joseph Plazo September 22, 2007 at 3:21 am #

I’m going nuts too so since half my businesses allow me to receive income in Euros (via the merchant processors), I’ve already made the switch.

No sense making money in rapidly eroding currency.

Hmm…. could it be that there are more US Businesses selling off their currency by investing abroad?

3. Vincent Chow September 22, 2007 at 4:57 am #

Used to have around 3.7 exchange rate to my local currency, but it’s only 3.4+ nowadays.

4. Avatar of Dennis Bjørn Petersen
    Dennis Bjørn Petersen September 22, 2007 at 8:10 am #

It’s horrible, hopefully will last week’s good news improve the dollar again.

On the other hand, I’m going to a conference in Las Vegas in a month, so if it could wait just one more month….. =P

5. Avatar of Kline
    Kline September 22, 2007 at 8:30 am #

yea i read this week how the canadian dollar was finally even to the USD.. depressing.

6. Andy Bailey September 22, 2007 at 9:12 am #

I noticed a drop in GBP earnings from my adsense a while ago, there is the advantage that buying advertising is cheaper now. I spend more on advertising than I earn on my little adsense blocks so with the dollar so weak, it actually benefits me!

7. Mike September 22, 2007 at 12:09 pm #

The dollar exchange rate has been growing a little bit in my country lately, with like 10% in the last month. But it’s still way far from what it used to be a couple of years ago…

I would only wish this Online money making services would pay me in euros…

8. horisly September 22, 2007 at 12:39 pm #

I am from China. I feel really bad that the USD’s continual depreciation while RMB is in appreciation.

Last year USD to RMB is 8.00, now it’s 7.50.

9. abhishek September 22, 2007 at 3:35 pm #

I am a Indian and most of my income are in USD. And the weakening dollar has hit me hard over the last couple of months quite badly.Infact some of my friends are rethinking there export strategies because they are now faced with the prospect of facing a loss.Its over a 10% cut here in dollar and thats quite a lot.
    Abhishek

10. Micah September 22, 2007 at 6:15 pm #

Luckily I live in the US so it doesn’t really affect me. Otherwise I would be getting pretty nervous. I have heard a lot of international bloggers complain about this recently though, and for good reason. In Canada the Dollar is almost exactly equal now. It wasn’t too long ago that it was almost 1.5 CAD to 1 USD.

11. asso September 22, 2007 at 6:54 pm #

I think dollar is going to fall more. I am a blogger to and when i withdraw my earnings in euro in my currency i get less than 1000 euro form 1400$

12. shortship September 23, 2007 at 2:38 am #

Micah ->
    “Luckily I live in the US so it doesn’t really affect me.”

How can you even think this doesnt affect you? We do not live in a bubble here, so higher prices abroad and lower prices for our own goods are eventually going to catch up and bite us in the ass… Wages are always the last area to catch up, so we will be paid crap and start paying more for our stuff…

13. Dick September 23, 2007 at 8:35 am #

I’ve been in PI since 1988, everything will come around again. When I first got here it was 19 to 1.

Everton September 23, 2007 at 10:29 am #

@dennis

going on a bender in vegas is a good way to spend your dollars!

15. Zath September 23, 2007 at 11:09 am #

For me right now, I’m spending more in dollars than I make, so it’s not such an issue – in a sense I wish it was though! ;)

16. Mathew Browne October 4, 2007 at 10:59 pm #

I was loving it when I went on holiday to Orlando earlier this year. Not so much now I’m home and getting less and less money. Boo!

17. Autoexchange and instant ecurrencies April 14, 2009 at 6:54 am #

Yes its helping me a lot. We can get a good conversion rates as it was not good in early 2000

Read Autoexchange and instant ecurrencies\´s latest blog post….Perfectmoney Usd>>>

18. Asasasa November 13, 2011 at 3:40 pm #