HiYo Instant Messenger Addon

Until recently I tried to give Instant Messengers a wide berth as I found it really distracting getting pinged constantly by dozens of people in some instances I barely knew. But after clearing out a lot of contacts I’ve started using MSN Messenger again. I use MSN Messenger rather than AOL or Yahoo! because it’s the most popular IM client by far in the UK with around 75% market share.

For someone who’s supposed to be quite technically savvy and cutting edge, my IM client until recently was not customised at all. I have though been playing with HiYo for the last couple of days. HiYo is a free add-on for Windows Live Messenger, that provides additional Winks, Animations, Emoticons and Sounds.

Installing HiYo is very simple and done in a few clicks. The software doesn’t contain any adware, spyware or crapware and given that it’s so small it will run on any machine that will run Windows Live Messenger 8.1 and 8.5. Once it is installed, an additional toolbar is added to the compose message window allowing the HiYo content to be accessed quickly, including interactive talking animations.

What I found really clever was that HiYo would automatically suggest content based on your converseration, which helps keep conversations flowing rather than wasting precious seconds trying to find the ‘perfect’ wink or emoticon. An additional nice side benefit is that HiYo can also display a photo slideshow instead of a static user display image. Very handy if you want to share your latest snaps with your friends.

The best way to see all of HiYo’s features is to install it. Go on, give it a try! It only takes a few seconds to install.

More: HiYo

, , , ,

29 Responses to HiYo Instant Messenger Addon

1. Keiron June 30, 2008 at 8:11 am #

Arrrggh….  I subject myself to standard IM out of necessity, VOIP and Webcam as well.. But all these winks, bells and whistles drive me potty!!

I have to browse with the sound down to save myself from insanity most of the time!

2. Keiron June 30, 2008 at 9:11 am #

3. rummuser July 5, 2008 at 11:09 am #

I have been using both gtalk and yahooIM. The former is plain and utilitarian though recently, google is trying to change, but yahoo is quite user friendly and comfortable to use.  I have to constantly keep the list updated so that it does not get out of hand though.

4. rummuser July 5, 2008 at 12:09 pm #

5. rummuser July 5, 2008 at 11:12 am #

Pardon my saying so, but your comment luv does not seem to work.

Read rummuser’s latest blog post….Customer Service – Quality>>>

6. rummuser July 5, 2008 at 12:12 pm #

Pardon my saying so, but your comment luv does not seem to work.

Read rummuser’s latest blog post….Customer Service – Quality>>>

7. rummuser July 5, 2008 at 11:14 am #

Oops! It did not for #3 but did for #4. My apologies.

Read rummuser’s latest blog post….Customer Service – Quality>>>

8. rummuser July 5, 2008 at 12:14 pm #

Oops! It did not for #3 but did for #4. My apologies.

Read rummuser’s latest blog post….Customer Service – Quality>>>

9. Wii July 14, 2008 at 10:53 pm #

Just off to install it now, thanks.

If you are ever stuck for IM access perhaps due to filtering at work, or just don’t want to install them, have a look at Meebo.com , a great Web Alternative that supports all the major IM clients out there.

10. Wii July 14, 2008 at 11:53 pm #

Just off to install it now, thanks.

11. mitchell December 29, 2008 at 5:47 pm #

i think there gr8

12. mitchell December 29, 2008 at 6:47 pm #

i think there gr8

13. zino.ronaldo July 5, 2009 at 9:32 pm #

ana zino
    .-= zino.ronaldo´s last blog ..8 ways to use Twitter for your business =-.

14. zino.ronaldo July 5, 2009 at 10:32 pm #

ana zino
    .-= zino.ronaldo´s last blog ..8 ways to use Twitter for your business =-.

15. Best Forex Signals August 14, 2010 at 12:27 pm #

I knew I had been correct. My friend and I placed a bet about which website was superior. I believed your webpage was much better produced, but she believed this post on trendy style ideas was much much better. We rounded up 5 loved ones memebers who had not observed either web site prior to to read them each more than. Majority chose your internet site. Thanks for maintaing a great site.