New Theme – Best Ever!

I’ve been through many WordPress themes over the last 4 years, but the one I added last night is definitely the best ever!  It’s very clean and simple to use, and more importantly, very, very fast even with all my many plugins and tweaks running.Connected Internet New Theme

The feature I love the most is the featured posts carousel, which once I have time to play with more, will really help drive users deeper into my sites.  On Windows 7 News for instance, a high proportion of our traffic is to the homepage, thanks to people searching for ‘Windows 7′ and ‘Windows 7 News’ where we are 2nd only to the Microsoft pages on google.  This theme once I add to Windows 7 will definitely help drive users to the best sections of the site.

I’m also happy that I’ve gone back to a 2 column theme, which improves the site’s readability.

If you see any bugs or just want to let me know what you think, then please leave a comment.

, ,

731 Responses to New Theme – Best Ever!

1. Adrianne Machina July 3, 2009 at 4:27 pm #

Which WordPress theme is it?
    .-= Adrianne Machina´s last blog ..Public Speaking as a Marketing Tool =-.

2. Adrianne Machina July 3, 2009 at 5:27 pm #

Which WordPress theme is it?
    .-= Adrianne Machina´s last blog ..Public Speaking as a Marketing Tool =-.

3. Michael Lankton July 3, 2009 at 5:59 pm #

No author credit or comment counts on front page sucks, the only thing I saw I didn’t like about the theme. You should either enable them in the theme, or get a plugin that handles those functions.

I know we want readers to dig deeper into the site, but making them go to a page just to see who wrote an article or how many comments there are is annoying.
    .-= Michael Lankton´s last blog ..Klipsch Sells Aragon And Acurus Brands =-.

• Everton July 3, 2009 at 9:22 pm #

I had the same feedback on Windows 7 News about the mini sections and lack of author credit, so I’ve removed. The formating was really bad as well.
      .-= Everton´s last blog ..How Not To Do SEO For 2009 =-.

4. Michael Lankton July 3, 2009 at 6:59 pm #

.-= Michael Lankton´s last blog ..Klipsch Sells Aragon And Acurus Brands =-.

• Everton July 3, 2009 at 10:22 pm #

.-= Everton´s last blog ..How Not To Do SEO For 2009 =-.

5. Adrian A. July 3, 2009 at 6:57 pm #

Maybe you want to add a final touch to it using this http://bit.ly/izHJq

6. Adrian A. July 3, 2009 at 7:57 pm #

Maybe you want to add a final touch to it using this http://bit.ly/izHJq

7. iPhone for free July 4, 2009 at 1:51 pm #

A great improvement IMO. Good choice of a subtle change for the better.

8. iPhone for free July 4, 2009 at 2:51 pm #

A great improvement IMO. Good choice of a subtle change for the better.

9. Hammad July 6, 2009 at 1:07 pm #