Use Wowzio Widgets To Increase Page Impressions

Two days ago on One Tip A Day, Umar wrote a post that caught my eye about Wowzio Widgets and how they could increase page impressions.  Wowzio widgets provide an easy way to add interactive, eye-catching content to sites.  After reading the post I immediately fired off an email to Wowzio asking for an invite, which I received very quickly, and I’ve since added two Wowzio widgets to this site and to Windows 7 News.

You can see one Wowzio Widget in the sidebar displaying recent posts and one underneath all posts showing a live feed of what other readers have just read.  I choose these two widgets because I believe they will have the biggest impact.  I love the recent posts widget, as I think it works a lot better than (yet another) long list of links.  The Wowzio widget showing what posts have just been viewed is quite addictive to watch, particularly over on Windows 7 News where there is a lot more traffic.

There are other Wowzio widgets that can be created:

Wowzio CIThe Wowzio Widgets were very easy to setup and don’t seem to have increased my server load.  It’s too early for me to tell whether they’ve increased page views per user, but I think they definitely will, even if they only create ‘curious’ clicks.

What do you think of the Wowzio Widgets?  Have you tried them on your site?

, , , ,

10 Responses to Use Wowzio Widgets To Increase Page Impressions

1. Martin July 20, 2009 at 10:52 am #

I personally am a bit cautious when it comes to these widgets. They might be worth a try if they really increase pageviews in the long run (let me know if they do, will you) and do not cause excessive load on the server.

• Everton July 20, 2009 at 3:39 pm #

early days V uplift, but the impact on the server has been minimal and probably close to nil

2. Martin July 20, 2009 at 11:52 am #

Everton July 20, 2009 at 4:39 pm #

3. Umar July 20, 2009 at 1:58 pm #

It looks great Everton.

4. Avatar of Umar
    Umar July 20, 2009 at 2:58 pm #

It looks great Everton.

5. Rob July 21, 2009 at 5:42 pm #

Having a recent post widget is something blog readers expect, so good to have.

6. Rob July 21, 2009 at 6:42 pm #

Having a recent post widget is something blog readers expect, so good to have.

7. MTG August 2, 2009 at 8:33 pm #

I have started using Wowzio on my site just a couple of weeks back and I am happy with it. It definitely helped decrease some bounce rate. The best about Wowzio is it doesn’t impose much load to the server! :)
    .-= MTG´s last blog ..Get Nero 9 for Free, No Activation or Serial Key Required =-.

8. MTG August 2, 2009 at 9:33 pm #