Ubuntu’s Advantages Over Windows and Mac

Why does Microsoft and Apple suffer from security vulnerabilities? The obvious answer is that they are such a large target. However, that does not explain it all. Most of the security vulnerabilities today are coming from third-party applications, and both Windows and Mac machines are at a significant risk because they carry a lot of these apps. Moreover, those apps are not always automatically updated, this in turn, leave the computers vulnerable and subject to attacks.

To be sure, both Microsoft and Apple are no slouches when it comes to designing comprehensive updating systems for their software. This applies to both the OS as well as apps that run on top of the OS. The problem occurs with the software, which are programs, extensions, and plug-ins, to say the least, which come from third-party vendors. Then coupled with the inconsistent methods they use for updating their code to protect against known flaws and you have vulnerable systems.

Yet Ubuntu, provides a different approach one where there’s one comprehensive software updating system. Ubuntu has a centralized repository of applications system. The only third-party applications that slide into the main repository are the ones that comply and pass the tests given by Canonical, the company that produces Ubuntu. If they pass and prove to work with the OS, they are in. This allows Ubuntu’s main repository to always have the very latest version of Google or Opera, for example. So the one it does have will usually install easily, work smoothly, and remain updated automatically.

Managing Ubuntu’s software program bank is the task of an administrator tool called Synaptic Package Manager. However, there is a different way to browse through the official Ubuntu-sanctioned applications. That is through the Ubuntu Software Center. It has been known to resemble the App Store.

The Ubuntu Software Library is similar to the iPhone App Store or the Android Market, at least from a user perspective. Here, you open it up, browse or search through a variety of applications categories, and download the ones that you want to try. Sound familiar? It is basically an app store for the PC.

, , , , ,

38 Responses to Ubuntu’s Advantages Over Windows and Mac

1. Ethan Tanimoto August 16, 2010 at 4:24 pm #

I have been reading out some of your posts and i can state pretty clever stuff. I will surely bookmark your website.

2. mygolfseller August 27, 2010 at 1:14 pm #

Maybe it is unnecessary for the?rich people saving money, because they are so rich.? I suppose they dont even think about anything with the word discount attached to it? People will think the rich people who play golf have so much money that the thought of golf discounts never enters their mind. However, the rich still need golf discounts. ? The cost of? buying these golf accessories, including green fees, cart fees, golf balls, new golf clubs if necessary, is not a?small ?amount. With all the expenses that go into playing, do they even care what all that cost? ? To some?conventional wisdom believes that only the rich play golf, but?it might be an expensive game to play. However, the common people still have the right to play golf. Perhaps television and radio personalities like Rush Limbaugh or Samuel Jackson who are avid golfers and pretty good golfers may not need golf discounts. But, for the average that?has to?making?a living finding discounts is just like finding money on the street – you look around and grab it before anybody else does. ? Of course, not all rich people pay for a round of golf clubs every time they hit the links. They could belong to a country club where their green fees are apart of their pricey membership dues sometimes adding up to more than what some families earn in a year. When youre not rich you pay attention to words like refund, even exchange, and money back guarantee. Those words mean a heck of a lot to the not so rich who want every bang for their buck. ? If you are an avid golfer, you might spend a large amount?of dollars on rounds of golf throughout the year. Shopping online at a golf shop or your local pro shop is routine. For the high handicap golfer you would probably spend a lot of time looking for new golf balls because you lost a half-dozen on the front nine due to your mean slice that sends your tee shot into the woods never to be found again. ? The occasional golf discount on golf balls or a golf driver is more forgiving, may become what you need. Unless you have a ton of cash like the rich, golf discounts are probably the only way to continue financing your golf habit on the cheap, no matter how bad your game. ? So if you are not the rich, what is your way out?? One day may be you could play well enough to qualify for a sponsors exemption on the big tour, win a golf tournament and get tons of endorsements and free golf equipment. Maybe it is not accuracy, but if?you keep looking for the best golf discounts, believe in yourself, you can find the game you love.?

3. mygolfseller August 27, 2010 at 1:42 pm #

When we are buying something, it is clearly that we all hate to get ripped off by others. So we need to be more careful. Purchase golf clubs online is a tremendous way to obtain quality golf clubs at a small fraction of their retail price. So how can we buy our best golf clubs at less cost? Let me tell you some tips: ? Check out the images? Check out the images of the item you are considering purchasing. If the images are what would find on the website of a manufacturer, you do not know if the clubs are real. By not seeing the golf clubs that you would be buying, the odds increase that the clubs that you would be buying would be counterfeit. ? Ask the seller to send you more images. A real seller would have no problem doing this. Ask the seller for serial numbers of the clubs. Several manufacturers; put serial numbers on their irons. Avoid sellers who will not give you the serial numbers. ? Check out the clubs rank Purchase clubs from sellers with high rank, and from those who have been involved in numerous transactions. If a seller has sold very few items and is selling golf clubs at low product rank and less user comments, avoid them, because you are not sure whether the clubs are good for you without testing them. ? Check out the buyer protection Counterfeiters will likely not offer any PayPal Buyer Protection. If they do offer protection, it may be for less protection than the purchase price.? ? Try to be as informed of a customer as you can be. Informed buyers are beneath acceptable to become affected club betray victims. Our site (www.easygolforder.com) appreciate your smart choice of choosing us, we will continually provide you more significant information such as buying tips, swing tips and so on. ? >> return to mygolfclubseller.com ? Happy Shopping Online! ?

4. Wash basin August 30, 2010 at 3:00 am #

I think you write very good article I agree with the views and ideas! Second, the article gave me the feeling is very large, so I learned a lot of knowledge. Very grateful to the author’s share. I also like Wash basin very much!

5. Bathroom cabinet August 30, 2010 at 3:15 am #

Wow! Very good content, the analysis depth, so I understand! Like the authors way of thinking, and writing style! Compliment, ha ha! Thanks again for the selfless sharing of, I have learned a lot! At the same time I like Bathroom cabinet very much

6. Paperless Recorder August 30, 2010 at 3:16 am #

Very happy to see your article, I very much to like and agree with your point of view. Thank you for sharing. At the same time,i feel Paperless Recorder very much ! .Welcome to look at my website and blog articles.Hope we can become good friends, and exchange and to help each other! Thanks!!

7. Baby Strollers August 30, 2010 at 3:23 am #

Good writing, and I very much agree with your thoughts and insights. Hope that more could write such a good word, I said, to continue coming to visit, thank you for sharing.i love Baby Strollers very much .

8. Baby Walkers August 30, 2010 at 3:34 am #

Cool. Talking about makes sense. Is recognized. Hope that it will often share such a good text. I will always be concerned about, because you can learn some knowledge, thank you for sharing, and i love Baby Walkers very much !

9. best pram August 30, 2010 at 3:44 am #

Oh, so unexpected, so surprise! Very touching, so well written and I have some perception, learning very much. Thank you for sharing. Very happy to see these and believe that your point of view. This same time,i love Best Pram very much !

10. Living room furniture buy August 31, 2010 at 2:00 am #

nice post,that is wanderful news for my friends,that is about living room furniture

11. nylon spandex fabric August 31, 2010 at 2:12 am #

that is great post,something of it is interesting and they attract my attention.

12. wholesale August 31, 2010 at 8:27 am #

the best wholesale online . I hope you’ll like it !! Welcome to my web site shopping!

13. personalized christmas gifts August 31, 2010 at 3:08 pm #

haha,so nice article.thanks for your share. the Christmas Day will coming! Merry Christmas,Happy New Yeah.

14. tie guan yin is the best of Chinese Oolong tea September 6, 2010 at 3:54 am #

Tieguanyin is the most iconic type of oolong tea, ranking as one of Chinas top 10 teas. The best Tie Guan Yin comes from Anxi county in Fujian Province, which has been a prosperous tea growing region throughout history.

15. PU PVC leather September 6, 2010 at 7:17 am #

Hello, very professional high level of writing it! So many people to comment, let me also to comment on it. Because good writing, and I learned a lot, and I am glad to see such a beautiful thing. Thanks very much !the same time, i love PU PVC leather very much too !

16. Power Strip September 6, 2010 at 7:24 am #

Wow, this is too cool. I am very like it, Thank you for sharing, let me so happy! At the same time ,i feel Power Strip very much

17. Booster Cable September 6, 2010 at 7:51 am #

Cool. Talking about makes sense. Is recognized. Hope that it will often share such a good text. I will always be concerned about, because you can learn some knowledge, thank you for sharing, and i loveBooster Cable very much !

18. buy yeast September 6, 2010 at 10:59 am #

Hello, very professional high level of writing it! So many people to comment, let me also to comment on it. Because good writing, and I learned a lot, and I am glad to see such a beautiful thing. Thanks very much !the same time, i love buy yeast very much too !

19. If you are in need of floor tiles September 7, 2010 at 1:56 am #

floor tile Take a walk on the natural side with stunning and luxurious floor tiles from The Tile Shop. From ceramic and porcelain to natural stone, our tiles create floors that attract attention with their look. The timeless quality of each of our tile options means that they??ll enhance the surrounding design, no matter what that design may be. And with an easy-to-maintain finish and unmatched durability, you can be sure that your floor will keep attracting attention year after year.

20. air max 90 September 7, 2010 at 7:16 am #

Nike Air Max 90 and even more ways to make your comfort a priority. While http://www.airmaxdiscount.com increasing the ventilation network, let your feet bend and flex groove bend naturally when you’re away. airmaxdiscount eyestays allow you to customize additional support for your feet to maintain stability in your laces.

21. Shotgun cases September 7, 2010 at 8:29 am #

Wow, this is too cool. I am very like it, Thank you for sharing, let me so happy! At the same time ,i love Shotgun cases very much !

22. air max 2003 September 7, 2010 at 10:30 am #

Nike Air Max shoe has a leather cover, improve ventilation, ventilation, duration of protection against impact, http://www.airmaxdiscount.com/ stability and Designs rubber stamps and embossed insole polyurethane midsole support and sustainability, and improve the adaptation and feeling in the ankle power train district, airmaxdiscount durability and comfort.

23. nike dunks September 8, 2010 at 1:57 am #

welcome visite our website,thanks!

24. Professional supplier of ceramic floor September 9, 2010 at 3:09 am #

Professional supplier of ceramic floor If you are interested to learn more about ceramic floor, visit ceramic floor

25. nike dunk high September 9, 2010 at 9:22 am #

welcome visite my website,thanks!

26. omega watches September 9, 2010 at 10:31 am #

welcome visite my website!thank you!

27. polo shirts September 9, 2010 at 11:18 am #

polo outlet,polo shirts

28. Wheel Loader September 10, 2010 at 4:03 am #

I think you write very good article I agree with the views and ideas! Second, the article gave me the feeling is very large, so I learned a lot of knowledge. Very grateful to the author’s share. I also like Wheel Loader very much!

29. supply motor September 10, 2010 at 4:22 am #

I think you write very good article I agree with the views and ideas! Second, the article gave me the feeling is very large, so I learned a lot of knowledge. Very grateful to the author’s share. I also like supply motor very much!

30. Yeast Manufacturer September 10, 2010 at 4:53 am #

Hello, very professional high level of writing it! So many people to comment, let me also to comment on it. Because good writing, and I learned a lot, and I am glad to see such a beautiful thing. Thanks very much !the same time, i love Yeast Manufacturer very much too !

31. SEAWAY-Waxing/ski iron Manufacturer in China September 10, 2010 at 6:23 am #

Dear Sir/Madam   How are you? This is Titan.Zheng from Ningbo seaway electric appliances co.,ltd in China.We are specification produce a kind of waxing/ski iron. We don’t just render OEM specification for clients such as VITORA,Rex etc.Our eight engineers work together with them to deign new models of digital waxing/ski iron(the electric temperature sensor can exact temperature control(+/- 1C).Now we’re ready to create a new model for your market,and it will only take fouth moths to complete.   Our items are also tested to make sure they comply with the RoHS and CE and GS directives,As furhter proof of our commitment to green manufacuturing,we’ve obtained ISO 14001:2004 certifications.  ERP system and monthly capacity of 180000 units,you can rely on efficient production at our 20000mm factory.We’ve instituted an ERP system that has helps us boost our capacity to 200000 units a month on our 6 production lines. To work whth a design and manufacturing powerhouse, contact us now.  – Technical features Our all waxing irons use “M”shape heater?C the base became hot evenly. This characteristics is very good for waxing. All waxing iron’s new soleplate weight 400~600g,and thickness:1.8~2.3CM,this characteristics very good for keep the warming of the soleplate. We can design and produce professional level waxing iron(include digital waxing and wirless digital waxing iron). We can design and produce dual voltage waxing iron (100V~127V;220V~240V,800W~1200W,auto switch voltage or manual switch voltage)   Please contact us for learning more information of waxing iron,Look forward to your favourable reply sooner. Best regards    Mr.TiTAn.Zheng Tel:+86 592 5322034 Msn:gongbing005@hotmail.com

32. anonymous December 16, 2010 at 6:27 pm #

ubuntu isn’t plagued with security vulnerabilities because nobody uses ubuntu, because it’s crap

get a real OS like windows

• Marble tile October 11, 2011 at 9:49 pm #

nice, thank you .

33. cheap clothing March 31, 2011 at 1:00 am #

we hear that top quality cheap clothing, at the wholesale clothing, welcome to buy cheap clothes online, many men wholesale designer clothing at this outlet.

34. authentic jordan shoes June 10, 2011 at 5:56 am #

it’s very good. thank you! it’s so helpful for me

35. Marble slabs October 11, 2011 at 9:50 pm #

it is so nice ….  I like it …

36. cell phone cases January 17, 2012 at 12:56 pm #

That’s right the lesser the OS is popular the lesser it will be vulnerable. Although, if you plan on using Ubuntu you will have to learn new things that you maybe didn’t know while you were using Windows or Mac.

37. Jaibee Joseph February 4, 2012 at 10:15 am #

l like ubuntu very much… i am using it in my home syste…