Virus Bulletin Results for August

BitDefender, one of the most recognizable virus protection programs was subjected to some scrutiny by Virus Bulletin in August. The result was failure. Virus Bulletin showed 15 false positives in the results.

Virus Bulletin gives a VB100 award to a company whose virus checking program passes certain tests.

• It detects all In the Wild viruses during both on-demand and on-access scanning.
  • It generates no false positives when scanning a set of clean files.

The product that is tested  must fulfil these criteria in its default state.

The WildList is used as the basis for in-the-wild virus testing and certification of anti-virus products by several working groups like ICSA,  Secure Computing, and Virus Bulletin. Additionally, a virus collection based upon The WildList is being used in an effort to standardize the naming of common viruses.
The false positive test results from the collection of known-clean files includes the test sets used for speed measurements, and is subject to regular and unannounced updating and enlargement. A false positive will be counted if a product is considered to have flagged a file clearly as infected in its log or on-screen display.
A false positive will not be recorded if a file is labelled as something other than malware, such as adware, or a legitimate item of software with potentially dangerous uses. All other alerts on clean files will be counted as false positives.

Virus Bulletin publishes its results of it virus tests and this time the operating system in question was Vista Business edition with service pack 2. Here are the results

Virus Bulletin

As you can see Avast did well in the August test, and has done well in the four previous ones, including the Windows 7 Test.

The testing provided by Virus Bulletin is objective in so far as the same test is applied to all of the software that is presented to them. All tests are performed both on demand and on access.  The failure to detect a sample from the WildList set, in either mode, or a false positive alert in either mode, will result in a product failing to qualify for the VB100 award.

Source: Virus Bulletin

Wildlist

16 Responses to Virus Bulletin Results for August

1. the Success Ladder September 5, 2010 at 2:01 am #

This is a very interesting point of view. Your blog is refreshing, but I wish one could find more content, though. I am looking forward to reading more from you. Keep up the good work. thanks.

2. tie guan yin is the best of Chinese Oolong tea September 6, 2010 at 3:01 am #

Tieguanyin is the most iconic type of oolong tea, ranking as one of Chinas top 10 teas. The best Tie Guan Yin comes from Anxi county in Fujian Province, which has been a prosperous tea growing region throughout history.

3. Bathroom cabinet September 7, 2010 at 3:21 am #

Wow! Very good content, the analysis depth, so I understand! Like the authors way of thinking, and writing style! Compliment, ha ha! Thanks again for the selfless sharing of, I have learned a lot! At the same time I like Bathroom cabinet very much

4. Baby Strollers September 7, 2010 at 3:59 am #

Good writing, and I very much agree with your thoughts and insights. Hope that more could write such a good word, I said, to continue coming to visit, thank you for sharing.i love Baby Strollers very much .

5. Baby Walkers September 7, 2010 at 4:15 am #

Cool. Talking about makes sense. Is recognized. Hope that it will often share such a good text. I will always be concerned about, because you can learn some knowledge, thank you for sharing, and i love Baby Walkers very much !

6. best pram September 7, 2010 at 4:35 am #

Oh, so unexpected, so surprise! Very touching, so well written and I have some perception, learning very much. Thank you for sharing. Very happy to see these and believe that your point of view. This same time,i love Best Pram very much !

7. Paperless Recorder September 7, 2010 at 4:57 am #

Very happy to see your article, I very much to like and agree with your point of view. Thank you for sharing. At the same time,i feel Paperless Recorder very much ! .Welcome to look at my website and blog articles.Hope we can become good friends, and exchange and to help each other! Thanks!!

8. air max 90 September 7, 2010 at 6:11 am #

Nike Air Max 90 and even more ways to make your comfort a priority. While http://www.airmaxdiscount.com increasing the ventilation network, let your feet bend and flex groove bend naturally when you’re away. airmaxdiscount eyestays allow you to customize additional support for your feet to maintain stability in your laces.

9. PU PVC leather September 7, 2010 at 6:34 am #

Hello, very professional high level of writing it! So many people to comment, let me also to comment on it. Because good writing, and I learned a lot, and I am glad to see such a beautiful thing. Thanks very much !the same time, i love PU PVC leather very much too !

10. air max 2003 September 7, 2010 at 9:18 am #

Nike Air Max shoe has a leather cover, improve ventilation, ventilation, duration of protection against impact, http://www.airmaxdiscount.com/ stability and Designs rubber stamps and embossed insole polyurethane midsole support and sustainability, and improve the adaptation and feeling in the ankle power train district, airmaxdiscount durability and comfort.

11. Booster Cable September 8, 2010 at 9:09 am #

Cool. Talking about makes sense. Is recognized. Hope that it will often share such a good text. I will always be concerned about, because you can learn some knowledge, thank you for sharing, and i loveBooster Cable very much !

12. If you are in need of floor tiles September 9, 2010 at 1:48 am #

floor tile Take a walk on the natural side with stunning and luxurious floor tiles from The Tile Shop. From ceramic and porcelain to natural stone, our tiles create floors that attract attention with their look. The timeless quality of each of our tile options means that they??ll enhance the surrounding design, no matter what that design may be. And with an easy-to-maintain finish and unmatched durability, you can be sure that your floor will keep attracting attention year after year.

13. Shotgun cases September 9, 2010 at 9:46 am #

Wow, this is too cool. I am very like it, Thank you for sharing, let me so happy! At the same time ,i love Shotgun cases very much !

14. polo shirts September 9, 2010 at 11:43 am #

polo outlet,polo shirts

15. male contraceptive September 9, 2010 at 11:58 pm #

would like to start off by saying, thank you for supplying me using the information I’ve been searching for. I’ve been surfing the web for three several hours searching for it and would have given my correct arm if I would have located your site sooner. Not only did I find what I was searching for, but discovered answers to questions I never even believed to ask myself. Thank you for your wonderful web-site!

16. louis September 11, 2010 at 4:04 am #

Totally perfect for your current life-state. Congrats on your move and I hope it is a dream!