A new kind of device will be release by Samsung. It may be an ultra-mobile devices or a mini tablet, or a jumbo iPod touch. Or Android smartphones without the phone.
What is the Galaxy Player?
Samsung’s upcoming Galaxy Players will come in two sizes a 4 and 5-inch screen. In New York, on Wednesday, Samsung unveiled the Galaxy Players at its 2011 product preview at the Samsung Experience showroom. They are mini versions of the Galaxy Tab.
What is the Galaxy Tab?
The Samsung Galaxy Tab is a light weight device that fits in the palm of your hand. It has the full virtual QWERTY keyboard and SWYPE technology, and this device is ideal for typing on-the-go. It has the latest Google platform with good performance and speed, and better enterprise capabilities. It also has as a faster and more powerful browser. The Galaxy tab is integrated with Google apps, so users can check Gmail, perform quick Google searches, and download apps from the Android Market.
Specs of the Galaxy Player
Here are the Samsung Galaxy Players’ key specs:
- 4 or 5-inch (WVGA) screen sizes
- Run on Android 2.2 (Froyo), upgradeable to 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- WiFi and Bluetooth wireless connectivity
- Cortex A8 1GHz processor (same as Galaxy Tab’s processor)
- Will be available in 8 and 16GB versions
- microSD card slot accepts cards up to 32GB
- Rear camera (3.2 megapixels); front camera (VGA)
- Weight: 5 and 7 ounces respectively
- Support for Adobe Flash 10.1
- Stereo speakers, with Virtual 5.1 surround sound and Samsung’s SoundAlive post-processing technology
- Battery life: unknown
It runs on the same 1GHz processor as the Galaxy Tab and features front and rear cameras and the 5-inch model has a flash. The microSD expansion ports, It has WiFi (802.11 b/g/n) connectivity, and support for Adobe Flash 10.1. Both models will start off running the Android 2.2 OS (Froyo) but will be upagradable 2.3 (the Gingerbread version).