In part I of my increasing Adsense Revenues series, I covered how to optimise revenues if you are using more than one adsense banner per page.
In Part II, I’m going to explain how DFP helps you maximise revenue from unsold inventory and how this can allow you to run more than 3 Adsense units per page, without breaking Google’s T &Cs.
DFP is a fully fledged ad serving platform that allows you to run multiple creatives with various targeting and pricing mechanisms:
- Pricing: CPM, CPC, CPD and Sponsorship mechanisms are all supported
- Targeting: Creative rotation, frequency capping, geotargeting and custom variables all supported
- Campaign 1: 728×90, 300×250 and 160×600 creatives targeted to all four of our ad slots. Rate=$1CPM
- Campaign 2: 300×250 creative only targeted to article ad. Rate=$1.5CPM
You can have more than three ad slots enabled for AdSense on a single page if the following criteria is met:1. The ad slots are not exclusively showing AdSense, and other line items are rotating through the slots.
2. If at any time, you have three slots that exclusively show AdSense, and no other line items are targeting the slots, then it is your responsibility to disable AdSense on your other slots in order to adhere to the AdSense Terms of Service. For example, say you have five ad slots on your page. All of them can be enabled for AdSense IF you have line items targeting the slots.
- will increase your CPM as each ad slot will get the best adsense ads, rather than just the first slot
- allows you to control when adsense ads are served: adsense ads will be served only when DFP thinks the performance is better. Adsense won’t be shown to users who make you no money
- optimizes ad delivery: e.g. if you have affiliate house ads, DFP can monitor the CPC and if the eCPM is better than other campaigns it will automatically deliver the ads more often
- allows you to serve more than 3 adsense ads per page